Monday 6 July 2015

On An Eventful Fourth of July Part One

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  The weather here is rainy and cool so I have opted for skinny jeans, a white cami with my black blazer (if it gets too cold) with my Iron Fist peeptoe stilettos and my red lippy.  Fabulous!

Well, the Fourth of July was a very, very, very eventful day.  It started out with the results of a challenge I did for my personal trainer.  She wanted me to lose 3cm off my belly button (about an inch) and when she did the official measurements, I was down on my waist by 4cm, 3cm on my hips and on my belly button, 11cm....yes, you read that right!!!!  I beasted it!!!   She was so impressed and I felt so proud of myself.  I then had a great session and I walked out feeling very happy.

I rushed home, had a quick shower and got ready to go to the beauty salon for a pedicure, HD eyebrows, eyelash extensions and then I needed to get the pink topped up in my hair. 

I had my beauty treatments and then it was time for my hair.  I sat in the hairdressing chair and the hairdresser looked at my hair and said, Betty, we have a problem. 

What’s that?  I asked concerned.

She ran her fingers through my pixie crop.  Betty, your hair is porous.   It looks like because you have been dying your hair all different colours your hair has had enough.   We need to get this sorted because you are in danger of seriously damaging your hair.  I could snap and break.  We need to sort something out.

I was shocked.  What do you propose, I asked.

She said, what do you want to do with your hair.  Do you have a plan?

I actually do, I replied.  I want to grow it and get some microring extensions. 

She smiled and said, excellent.  What I suggest is that we dye your hair back to your natural colour and let it grow out.  I have some hairdye that helps repair damaged hair.

So she prepared the dye (which was caramel coloured), put it on my hair and left it to sit for what felt like ages.

When she went to wash it off, I looked in the mirror and my hair was very dark.

Once she washed it off and dried it I was in a state of shock.  She was nattering on saying how pretty I looked.  I felt....well.....plain.  The crazy pink kind of defined me.

I mean, I have always been outrageous Betty Rage not just plain Jane.  Even my black hair had a blue tinge in it.  This was...well....different.

The best way to describe it is a chocolately brown with a mahogany tinge.  It is shiney.  I felt instantly so sad.  I felt like a part of me had died.  I tried not to cry and I managed a quiet smile.

I walked out and got into my car and the tears started to flow.  I know that this is the best for my hair and for my hair goal (the microring extensions) as my hair needs to get stronger and healthier.  But I feel like a part of me has died.  The sassy, silly Betty Rage seems to have vanished and a new serious looking Betty Rage has come to the surface.

I got home and Simon was sleeping.  I started to get the laundry done.  Simon woke up and said, wow Betty.  You look gorgeous.

Really, I said back?  He hugged me and said, I like this a lot.  I prefer it. 

So, Ragers and Ragettes, after the weekend, looking at it, it’s not that bad.  My hair style defo needs to be sorted but it is in the awkward growing out phase.  I hope by my birthday in 3 months I will be in a better hair situation. 

They say on average, your hair grows a half an inch a month so in 6-7 months my hair will be long and strong and ready for the next chapter.

 Until then I will continue on taking care of my hair and doing what is best for my body. 

And I had to get ready for a party after all.....

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. You may not look so outragous...but you havent changed a bit....you are still fiesty and sassy and resilient as you ever were.
    Xxx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne!!! I am still getting used to it and I need to think of the endgame.....lovely long luscious locks!! xxxx

      Delete