Tuesday 30 June 2015

On The Karma Police: What Are You Going to Do When They Come For You?

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  Long, long time no write for me.  I am so sorry.  It’s been a hectic mess of work, gym and trying to keep sane.

Today is supposedly the hottest day of the year so today I am wearing my favourite vintage sundress.  It’s white with navy, turquoise and green flowers with a blue bow tied on the back accessorised with my brown wooden platform sandals and my straw brown and white vintage handbag. (Which is good as I look fab but bad because I have a leather like chair and getting up I lose at least 4 layers of skin getting up...nice!)  I am rocking my neon pink lippy as I feel it is an appropriate colour for this time of year.  Plus it’s good that my hair matches my lippie...

In 1997, British group Radiohead released a fabulous song called Karma Police.  This song, for me, is musically and lyrically one of my favourite songs of all time.  It’s sad and nostalgic lyrics along with Thom Yorke’s soothing vocals make it an amazing piece of music.  4 minutes and 22 seconds of pure musical bliss.

What does this have to do with anything?  Well, the title of the song has been something that I have been fascinated with.   People always talk about on social media, usually expressed through a meme of Beyonce or Rihanna making a sassy face, the whole Karma thing. 

I personally believe in Karma.  For yesterday, my bezzie Suzanne gave me the story that made me laugh, carefully mind you, of how The Karma Police has taken action against someone who is deserving of action in an extraordinary way.

Remember back when I worked with Suzanne and there was a woman in my department that was dead glam but people tend to talk around her?  Well, this woman, as my time at the old place went on started to show her true colours.  And it turns out if she was a pair of shoes, she would be a pair of crocs. 

She is one of those people that will be nice to your face, learns your business, and then gossips and stabs you in the back.

She used to slag quite a few people off and even callously gossiped behind a woman’s back about her son that tragically killed himself.  She also was also up the management’s ass.  All directors love her but I think that it is true.  People didn’t talk to her, they talked around her.

Anywho, Suzanne told me that one of the people in the company, who was friendly towards her, was messaging on the company’s instant messenger service about her in a derogatory way (I don’t know verbatim what was said) and instead if sending it to his intended recipient, he sent it to the woman instead!!!!!

The Karma Police have taken aim, fired and now she knows what people really think of her.  Ouch. 

But knowing her, she will go to the directors who she is chummy with and complain, play victim and cry.  The person that sent the message will get into major trouble.  She will whine and complain and blame instead of looking at herself and thinking, am I really like that?  Is that what people really think?

You see, The Karma Police have made the punishment fit the crime.  Of all the bitching, backstabbing and just generally being a douche that she has done, she has had it back, in an indirect sort of way from a person that she was “friendly” with.

I know that people will sympathise to her face but in reality, I know that those people will be thinking what was said is 100% correct.

I need to be careful here.  I usually shake these things off and not let them bother me.  I try to steer clear of the Karma Police at all cost.  Forgiving people is hard but once you let go, you can free yourself and be happy.   A wise person once said that anger is like holding onto a hot coal with the intention of throwing it.

But I can’t help but smile, sip my peppermint tea and just thank the Karma Police for this.  It’s been a long time coming and now that it has happened, let’s learn from this.

I take from this situation that I need to be kinder, more genuine and to not gossip (even though this post is kind of gossip, hence why I am putting the Hallmark Card inspired spin on this).  Let the small minded, ignorant people that say and do hurtful things get on with it.  And as Taylor Swift said, Shake It Off.  The Karma Police will get them in the end. 

Until the next time, keep smiling, keep believing and keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love,


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment