Friday 10 July 2015

On a Follow Up From Yesterday’s Post

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s a warm and gorgeous day outside so I have dressed appropriately in a black cami, my leopard print max dress, my black gladiators and my pink lippy.  Usually I would pair this with my black handbag but I felt that I would stick with the pink bag.  A pop of colour for a dark outfit.  Plus it matches my lippy.

I wanted to write this because in light of what has happened and what I wrote about yesterday, there are some feelings and thoughts that were unsaid.  So I am going to put this out there.

Writing yesterday made me realise how fucked off I truly am.  On the day, I didn’t kick up a fuss or scream or cause a scene.  Why?  I was shocked and I wanted to keep a dignified front.  I didn’t want to lower myself to her level.  I would have seriously kicked her scawny whore ass across St Helens and back down the East Lancs but I didn’t want further embarrassment.  The whole situation made me want to be swallowed up by the earth.  I never thought by someone’s inconsiderate actions I could feel so useless and so insignificant.

So, after I posted this Suzanne contacted me and I told her what happened and she hit the roof.  I know 100% now that Rita isn’t a friend.  A friend wouldn’t do that to another friend.   Plain and simple.  I felt so low, and I really needed the advice of my girl crush, Elena.

I think that a lot of us don’t want conflict or to hurt people’s feelings so they allow themselves to be walked on and treated like shit.  Why?  Because we don’t want to offend or cause a conflict.  We are taught to mind our manners and just suck it up.

Former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt once said, No one can make you feel inferior unless you let them.

Here I sit thinking....I have let some skinny whore make me feel inferior!!   Have allowed her to hang on my man, snuggle into him and discuss my reproductive system.   I have allowed her to spin drunken lies about how I want to have children and somewhere in that drunken mess of a head she thinks that Simon is controlling every aspect of my life.  I sat back and allowed it.

Yes, it is great to keep a dignified silence but looking back, I should have strutted up, grabbed her glossy hair and dragged her off the couch and given her a beat down or confronted her at least.  I shouldn’t have stood there silent.   

She isn’t a friend of mine anymore.  I am not having that sort of person in my life.  I need people lke Suzanne, my gay best friend and my personal trainer.  Those people add value in my life.

There is a famous sating back home, Ragers and Ragettes, when you are pickng friends, pick value over quantity... mean I would rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment