Saturday 27 April 2019

On What Happens Next

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It's a cold day here so I am in Rage Towers in my favorite hoodie, pajama pants watching TV. 

It;s been just over a week since I moved out on my own.  And in that week I have enjoyed tremendously my new found freedom.

Last night though, I was sitting with a glass of wine watching my beloved Liverpool thrash Huddersfield and I had a strange thought. 

So Betty, you've moved out, what happens next? 

Yes, what happens next?

Now is going to be the part of my life where questions need to be asked and decisions need to be made about my future.

These are the things I do know. 

1.  I need to get eating properly again.  I am eating crap and drinking a bit more than I should be.  Also I have been broke recently.  I get paid on Tuesday so I can hopefully get into a normal flow and start eating proper food instead of pot noodles!!

2.  I need to get back exercising.  I made the decision to cancel my gym membership as it is very expensive.  So now that I have moved in, I want to find a better priced gym and get my body moving again.  There is a Yoga place that is local to where I live that does a hot yoga course £20 for 20 days and I am considering doing that.  Have 20 days of good eating, no alcohol and hot yoga and get my body back on the straight and narrow.

3.  Sort the man situation out.  Mr Wonderful is great, don't get me wrong but there are a few things that are bothering me.  He's a lovely guy but I have to constantly repeat myself and he repeats himself a lot.  As in he tells the same story again, and again and again. 
He lives so far away.  I don't want to move to Switzerland.  I really don't.  I don't want to be a part a time girlfriend.  I know people that do the long distance thing (and I have before) but it's not for me.   And when I do see him, I can only tolerate being around him for about 2 days then I get irritated.  Which is probably not a good sign....
I hate breaking up with people but I think I am going to have to tell him thanks but no thanks. 

The truth of the matter is that I am not ready for a proper relationship.  I need to work on me and get myself back to winning ways.

This is the part of my life where I need to put myself first and look out for my needs.  I need to settle in properly and make this new place my home.  (Right now I'm just basking in each moment.  My home!!!!!!!)

I know that everything is working out for me.  I know now that I have nothing holding me back and I can and will get the life that I have always wanted.  It will take time but first I have to rebuild my relationship with my self and get my body back to good health.

So this process is going to be an interesting one.  But a fun one.  And after all, it's all about the journey and not the destination.

So until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxx




1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you have a fabulous plan!! Go You, Betty!!!!

    ReplyDelete