Tuesday 23 April 2019

On The Big Move

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Here I am broadcasting live from the new Rage Towers.

Yes, the move has happened.

In fact, here I am in my leopard print velour pajama bottoms and matching hoodie with a glass of Moscato watching the football like it is the most normal thing in the whole world.  My guinea pigs are in front of me and it feels so normal and so fucking good!!

I received my keys last Wednesday (I cried while video calling Suzanne...) and on Thursday the big move happened.

It went so smoothly!!  It went almost flawlessly!! 

I woke up early on Thursday morning.  I barely slept a wink as I was sooooooooooooooooooooo excited and I was over planning and over thinking.  (As per usual)

I started finishing bagging my stuff up (I filled my car with my junk on the Tuesday so when I got the keys on Wednesday I was able to move that stuff out) and started putting it down by the door.

My housemate got up (hungover) and went to work.

I just concentrated on getting all my crap downstairs and ready.  My friend Rita was helping me move.  Her boyfriend has a van and she borrowed it for the day and helped me out.

When she arrived, we had a coffee and a chat.  She bought me a really thoughtful gift.  A lovely quirky cushion for my new settee that fits in perfectly.  It says "New Future" on it which I thought was really appropriate.

Then we started filling the van up.  Everything fit in perfectly.  Literally.  My parents yelled at me when I was a kid for playing Tetris a lot.  Well, Mama and Daddy Rage, that Tetris training prepared me for the move!!!

The new place is literally 5 minutes from the old place.  We got to the new place and soon unloaded the van

We then went back and had to do a run to the tip.  I took my old bed and chest of drawers (both were broken) and there was some drama.  The tip closest to us wouldn't allow us in as our vehicle was too high.  So we had to go down the road 20 minutes.

It wasn't sign posted but in the end we managed to get it all dumped.

Throwing the old drawers and broken bed was so therapeutic!!!  It was me getting rid of the past.  When the last lot was dumped, I got into the van with Rita and cried.

I had to go back to the old house and clean the room, vacuum and get it looking good.

Rita gave me a hug and left.

I scrubbed, vacuumed and cleaned.  The cat kept coming up to me.  She knew that something was going on.

When I was loading the last bits into my car, the cat jumped in and refused to get out.  Part of me wanted to take her with me but recently she has been shitting on the carpet.  No thank you!

That's when I made a school girl error.  I grabbed her, threw her in the house and shut the door.  The door was one of these that once you shut it you are locked out.  I had put my old house keys on the kitchen table.  I forgot to get the internet equipment for my new place.  Whoops!  So I didn't have the clean getaway that I wanted.

My housemate finished work at 6 so I had wait until then.  I went to my new place and started putting stuff away until 5:30 then drove back.  Luckily my old housemate was in and I grabbed the internet equipment. She hugged me and told me that she hopes I'm happy in my new home.  I politely hugged her back.

When I drove off, the knot in my stomach went.  I felt true freedom. 

I put the hot water on, put more stuff away and then I took a hot bath.  It felt great to sink into the hot soapy water and feel my sore body relax.

I had an early night and slept like the dead!  It was amazing!!

The next day I woke up in a state of is this real? It was.  My new bed is comfy.  The cable guy came  over to put my internet in and get my TV sorted. 

The next day Simon was supposed to come over and drop off the guinea pigs, the TV and the bits I left behind at the house in St Helens.

When I woke up, I looked at my phone and saw a text from Mr Wonderful.  It read "Surprise!  I'm coming over!".  I kind of felt a bit irritated.  I checked the time that he was due and it was going to be tight from when Simon was coming over to when his flight landed.

Simon was running really late.  He was 45 minutes late. He was supposed to be at mine for 10:30.  When he had his new girlfriend in tow.  Awkward much?

Anyway, the guinea pigs were dropped off including the rest of my shoes, my vanity table, and other bits and pieces.

I got the pigs sorted and then ran to the airport to pick up Mr Wonderful.  He was in a cafe and he greeted me by picking me up and swinging me around as he kissed me.  It was lovely.  He gibves the best hugs ever. 

I had to go to the shop to pick up food for the guinea pigs.  He picked up an expensive bottle of champagne, some wine, beer and food for the piggies.  He then paid for it all.  I told him that he shouldn't but he insisted.

When we got back to the flat we made love.  We had a lovely weekend together.  He literally paid for everything:  my petrol for my car, food, drinks.  I felt a bit embarrassed.  I'm broke (7 more days until payday thank God!!!!!) but he didn't mind.  I still felt awkward.  I believe in a 50/50 relationship.

Anyway he left yesterday, I dropped him at the airport and came back to my new home. I started looking through a few bags that Simon brought over and I found my dildo.  Yes, my ex boyfriend packed my dildo in the presence of his new girlfriend.  That's not embarrassing....great....

So here I am.  Dildo safely in my bedside cabinet.  Everything is almost all put away.  I have only £40 in my bank account to last me until payday.  I have enough gas in my car to get me to work.  I have never been more happy or felt more free.  And so I know that I will be living on Pot Noodles for the next 7 days.  But you know what?  It's fucking worth it!!! 

People at work are asking me about my housemate and how I feel and such.  I have said the following:  That is the past.  I am not focusing on the past anymore.  I am focusing on the future.  I am focusing on being me, Betty Rage.  I'm focusing on taking care of myself and making my future bright and amazing.

Since I have moved, I haven't stopped smiling.  Things are failing into place and I am just feeling so free and relieved. I am watching football on my big TV.  My guinea pigs are munching on apple and parsley.  I am sipping a glass of moscato casually.  It seems to mundane but to me this is freedom.

The price of freedom?  I am broke for a week.  But you know what?  I don't care.  I can walk around naked, take a bath when I want to but mostly, Simon has moved on and now so can I. That is priceless.

So normal business shall resume.  The Betty from 5 years ago will be back, a little wiser but a hell of a lot more fabulous.

Yes, Ragers and Ragettes, the best is yet to come!!!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment