Tuesday 19 February 2019

Movin' On Up!

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!

Well it's been quite an interesting few weeks for me.  And the movement continues.

Today I received a call about the job interview that I had in Liverpool.  I got the job.  It's more money but I don't think I am going to take it.

The benefit package isn't as good as where I am now.  I get more vacation days in my current job, plus we get a bonus if we hit our sales target (more often than not we do!)  and I received a huge bonus at Christmas. 

At the job in Liverpool I only get a standard package.  No incentive bonuses. 

Plus I like the area where I live.  I think that I considered it because I want to so desperately move out from where I am now.

So I had a think and as both of my managers are in Austria skiing, I called up the silent partner who sits in on the weekly board meetings and told him that I was offered another job.  He sounded a bit shocked and standoffish but he called my 2 managers and he called me straight back saying that they want me to stay on and on Monday when they return they want to have a meeting with me.

And I think I am going to use this opportunity to get a better wage. 

I also decided to grow a set of balls and I told my housemate that I am moving out in April when there is a break in the contract.

She got upset, called me selfish and walked out and slammed the door.  I didn't feel guilty like I normally would, this is how I know that this is right. 

She has since texted me saying that she feels a bit sad and let down but so far she has been nice.  I have 8 weeks to find a new place to live.  I have 3 areas that I am looking for places in:  Manchester City Center, the area around work and I found this awesome converted mill building that looks so cool!!!

I can now finally take my guinea pigs with me.  I can change my address on my driving licence.  I can finally move on.

I know that the first few months might be a bit of a struggle but I know it's worth it.  My own space.  I cannot wait!!!

So there is movement now.  Positive movement.  The next 8 weeks might be a bit strange with my housemate.  She is 6 weeks sober almost and I am hoping that this won't tip her over the edge but I have to move on.

I am excited for the future and right now I actually feel......happy.  I feel so happy!!! 

So onwards and upwards indeed!!!

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!!

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxx

1 comment:

  1. OMG I am so proud of you... of course you should try to get a bit of a salary increase out if it- BUT if they wont budge in it- I seriously wouldnt argue myself out of the perfectly lovely deal you have going- as you said- you have so much better where you are now even tho the wages are a bit more at the OFFER... I'm so glad you are staying in the area!! And if you need help with decorating and getting settled in whichever new place then Suzanne and I will be happy to help!!!You know us- we are ALWAYS up for a Goddess Shopping Spree!!! xxx Elena

    ReplyDelete