Wednesday 11 February 2015

On Valentine’s Day

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  This winter shit is starting to piss me off.  Spring/summer, please come back, I can’t cope!!!!  Plus I have been KO’d by a bitch of a cold.  Honestly.  I am sneezing, coughing and sounding like a vital organ will be coughed up in the process.  I am getting better though.  Today I am playing it warm and cozy.  My red sparkly jumper, my flared jeans (Bell Bottoms are back in style and I, for one, love them!!!) and my cowboy boots.   I am trying to keep as positive as possible as it helps with the healing.  So I am listening to songs that make me happy. 

Well, in 3 days we will be celebrating Valentine’s Day.  Growing up, Mama Rage always gave my sister and I Valentine’s Day cards.  Also, Daddy Rage always spoiled Mama Rage.  Every year she received gifts of flowers, jewellery, tickets to the opera and ballet.  I grew up thinking that is what men did on Valentine’s Day.

I then got a rude awakening.  Daddy Rage was obviously a very loving and thoughtful man.   My ex boyfriends, not so much.

But it never stopped me from being romantic and buying my ex boyfriend’s cards and gifts.  Why?  Because I, Betty Rage, love Valentine’s Day.

I mean the story behind it is lovely.   A man healing his jailer’s daughter and sending her a letter signed, Your Valentine.  It’s romantic and fabulous!  The thought that you have a day to celebrate love and appreciation for your loved ones just appeals to me so much.

So because for the first time in a long time I am with someone that is worthy of my love and deserves to be spoiled I have lined up a day of love for my Simon.

My plan is to wake up early on Saturday, shower and out on some new lingerie that I purchased.  It’s pink and black and flimsy and frilly.  I will then bring his presents to him and breakfast in bed.  I don’t plan to just serve him breakfast, if you know what I mean....

These are the presents I am giving him:

Present Number 1:   A customized bottle of bubbly with 2 customized champagne glasses.  Simon and i have a ritual that every Saturday night we take a bath together while sipping bubbly.  Fabulous!!  The glasses are red for me and blue for Simon.

Present Number 2:  A mug with a gun as a handle.  Simon in a fit of anger at work threw the gun handled mug off his desk that he bought in America.  It isn’t the same one but it’s the best that I could do.

Present Number 3:  A pair of boxer shorts with lip prints all over them.  A jokey present, it needs to happen!!!

Present Number 4:  A tube of love heart sweets.  He loves any sweeties so this will hopefully make him happy.

Then I am off to get a much needed haircut and hair colour.  My fabulous stylist is going to give me a fabulous new hairdo and I am excited!!! 

Then I’m off home to relax and get ready for our evening meal.  We booked a table at a Turkish restaurant that is divine!!!   Plus I will be rocking a gorgeous cobalt blue jumpsuit with a new hairdo.  Fabulous!!!

Now will Simon get me something for Valentine’s Day?  Don’t know.  Do I care?  Nope!  Why?  Because I love him.  And for me to show him that I love his is more important to me than him making some grand gesture.  He’s so important to me, I want him to always know that I am here for him and that I love him.  So my silly little gestures hopefully will do the trick.

I think that sometimes with life we get bogged down with the day to day things.  Work, bills and the typical frustrations that we encounter that we forget those that we love.  We take them for granted that they will always be there.  We have a go at them for leaving the toilet seat up, not putting the cap on the toothpaste and how they arrange the dishwasher that we forget why we fell in love in the first place.

It’s kind of sad that we an actual holiday each year dedicated to our partners.  I mean, shouldn’t you show love to your man every day?  I don’t mean buy presents but buying a cheeky card here and there and the odd little gift now and then isn’t too much to ask? 

I used to work with a girl who’s boyfriend used to send her flowers throughout the year just because.  And every girl in the office would go green with envy and say, what did he do?  Did you have a fight?  The girl would just say, my man just loves me. 

I plan this year to at least once a month get a little gift for Simon as a show of appreciation for his patience, love and acceptance of me.  Yes, he wrecks my head sometimes.  When he sings on the top of his voice, I want to punch him in the throat.  Sometimes at work we tear lumps out of each other. And his snoring at night made me consider bludgeoning his skull in but then I remembered that I wouldn’t look good in prison regulation orange...

But besides all those little things, Simon loves me.  And I love him.  We have our hard times but we have our good times too.  There is a future there and I want to be with him.   And I am hoping that this Valentine’s Day will show him how much I love him.

So Ragers and Ragettes, this Valentine’s Day, please take this opportunity to show your significant other how much you love them.  And remember Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be once a year!

Until next time, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment