Sunday 19 April 2020

On Dating in Lockdown

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  Happy Sunday!

Today has been a glorious day here in the northwest of England.  We are still in lockdown and will be for the next 3 weeks at least.

So for the next 3 weeks we carry on

I have been doing what I can to stay sane. 

I'm not reading the news.  All I am reading is the official government website to know what the rules are.  I'm not reading conspiracy theories, people complaining and other crap like that.  I want to focus on keeping positive. 

I've let my routine slip a bit so I am fixing that tomorrow.  I'm going back to my normal routine of getting up, working out (YouTube has some great workouts!), showering, working and such.  I might even wear make up at work.  I think I'll start experimenting with some different looks and some techniques that I have been afraid to try.  Why not?

Also, I decided on Friday night to venture into the world of online dating

I started this blog when I was doing the online dating thing.  I had a load of crazy adventures.  So when I was sitting on the couch on Friday night I thought fuck it.  What do I have to lose?

So the conversations are about how our first dates would be:  walks followed by a dinner in a country pub, out to a nice restaurant for dinner, out for some cheese and wine, to the movies....

From this experience, I have classified the men that I have been chatting to into 3 different categories:
1.  Nice Guys
2.  Assholes
3.  I'm likely to end up buried under their floorboards

The funny thing is that there are a lot of guys who are under 25 that are matching with me as they want a "Cougar".  Yes, a fucking cougar.  Surely I am not that old??????

There have been some genuinely nice guys.  There is one that I have been talking to and we will most likely meet up.  He's 5 years older than me, has a good job and lives just down the road. 

Then there are ones that demand your phone number and when you don't give them your phone number they get arsey with you.  (File them under assholes)  Or you get the ones that if you don't message back straight away they get really needy and clingy.  That is really unattractive.

You get ones that look really good, they tick all the boxes but the conversation doesn't flow. And that is ok too. 

Doing this, I have learned so much about what I want from a man:  I want a man's man.  A man that will act like a traditional man.  I want a man that isn't too much older than me.  The age range that I put into the app is 38 - 45.  (I'm 38)

He must be in a job.  I don't mind if he is a mechanic or a builder or a CEO.  I want him working and independent. 

Must have his own place.  I figure by the time you get to my age you need to not be living with your parents.  I know that the last few years I've been doing the house share thing and it was painful.  I love my independence.  I love not having to tip toe around people.  I want to be able to go to his home without freaking out because we might wake up his housemate or mother.

Must share hobbies.  I like going for nature walks so I want him to like that also.  I love the football, working out, going out to dinner and things like that.

Looks.....Looks aren't important but he can't look like a hobo....or a hipster...in fact there is little difference between those 2....Facial hair doesn't bother me.  He must be clean and take care of himself.  I'm not talking about following a 90 step Korean face care routine (those things are crazy!!!!!) but someone that get his hair cut, showers, doesn't mind scrubbing up and looking nice when going out.  Does that make sense?

Must love pets...preferable if he has a dog.  I love dogs.  I'd love to get a house and have a dog one day.  Plus he must like my piggies.

Drugs are a deal breaker. 

I have found loads of guys that fulfill those must haves. 

I've been on this app for 2 days and I have spoken to a load of guys.  It's a bit of fun. 

According to the Government bars and restaurant might open in May/June.  So there is no harm in chatting and meeting people and scheduling a post lockdown date, is there?

So, I'm going to enjoy for the next 6-8 weeks chatting and getting to know a bunch of new people.  And you never know, I just might meet my future husband.  Stranger things have happened!

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your heads and standards high and your heels even higher.

Lots of love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx




1 comment:

  1. Indeed... this is the perfect opportunity to talk to people and get to know them without the pressire of actually going out yet. If they lie about something they will trip themselves up and get sussed out pretty quickly.
    Have fun!! xxx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete