Sunday 26 August 2018

On Mr Wonderful's Not So Wonderful Friends

Hey Rager's and Ragettes!  It's a rainy evening here in the Northwest of England!

Well this evening has been eventful on 2 fronts.  My housemate's boyfriend has come up for the weekend.  This is good and bad.  Good because she tends to not get too drunk when he is here and he brought his dog (who I love!) and bad, because I won't get much sleep down to the sex noises.  Great.  Half of me wants to give them a round of applause in the morning!

Tonight's episode went like this.  I dropped her and her boyfriend off at a party at around 3:15pm.  It's an engagement party for her boyfriend's friend.  I got a text at 6:00pm from her asking to be picked up.  She called me 3 times on the way to picking her up making sure that I was picking her up.  She also asked to be dropped off at the shop so she can buy more wine at least 6-7 times.  I obliged.  She bought 2 bottles of wine.

Anyway, the boyfriend is walking on eggshells.  He went upstairs and my housemate and I were in the kitchen.  I was stroking the dog and she then started to have a go at me.  Why you, may ask?  How can petting a dog be so offensive???

When I moved in she had an irritating little shitty dog that wasn't house trained.  I used to wake up in the morning to shit and piss everywhere.  The little shit wasn't house trained.  I frankly hated the dog  I was always nice to the dog, I fed it, walked it, cleaned up after it.  Anyway, she got rid of the dog and gave it to a family that is taking a great care of it.

What offended her was the fact that I was stroking her boyfriend's dog.  And because I was stroking this dog, this means that I hated her shitty little dog.  Nice.  I love drunk people's wisdom!!!

Anywho, the other bit of drama is made possible by Mr Wonderful's not so Wonderful friends.

As you remember, Mr Wonderful's friends introduced us.  Angela's daughter Sonia was doing my hair that fateful day and Kyle (names changed to protect the innocent) is Mr Wonderful's best friend.

Well, Sonia doesn't work at that salon anymore.  The salon that she worked at was owned by my manager's sister.   Sonia left under very bad terms.  She tried to steer business away from the salon, brazenly in front of my manager's sister!  She got a new job 2 doors down from the old salon. When she left, she just walked out, blocked everyone and didn't say goodbye to anyone.  Now Daddy Rage once told me, the toes you step on today can be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.  Sonia's account for her products has been frozen because of this, and I have to say, rightly so!  She can't get any supplies!

She has since left that salon as they didn't give her what they promised and she is trying to go at it alone.  She's not succeeding.  As I work for where she gets her supplies, she tries to make me get her freebies.  That makes me uncomfortable.

Angela, Sonia's Mum, is quite pushy.  Like very pushy.  She tried to get me to go on a cruise around the Mediterranean (that I cannot afford and don't particularly want to do!).  Mr Wonderful went on this cruise and she was using that fact to emotionally blackmail me. To be honest, it caused me loads of stress to the point that I had a breakdown at work. 

Sonia is on holiday now with her her husband and children.  Since she has been away, my hair really needed to be done.  My extensions were falling out, my roots were offending everyone and I looked a mess!!  In my job, I have access to the best hairdressers in the Northwest of England.  As Sonia wasn't available, I asked one of the stylists (who does a lot of high profile people's hair) to work her magic.  She kindly was able to fit me in on Friday.

Anyway, Sonia messaged me today asking when she was going to do my hair.  I told her that my hair was a state and that I had one of the stylists from work do it (for a hell of a lot cheaper that what she would do it for!!!) as she was on holiday. 

I sometimes on a Saturday go and get my hair washed by Sonia as a treat (instead of buying crap to eat or loads of wine...It's a treat for myself to feel good and a good incentive to lose weight).  But in light of my living situation, I need to get out and get out now.  So those little treats will have to go on hold for the time being.

Anyway when I explained this to her, she went a bit weird.

Then the messages from Angela came in thick and fast.  Emotionally blackmailing me telling me that I am horrible and that Sonia isn't doing well in her business and because of me she will struggle to make ends meet

Right, let's get something straight.  You shouldn't have shat on people that were good to you.  (She lost loads of clients because of what she did.  My manager's sister paid for her training courses too!  She didn't pay a penny for any of the training courses)  And you shouldn't get your mum to fight your battles for you.  You're 26, for fuckssake.

Anyway, strangely I haven't heard from Mr Wonderful since this argument.  The last message from Angela is, and I quote, don't treat us like this after all I have done for you.

Ok.  All she did was introduce me to a guy.  Guy that I had a bit of a fling with.  A guy that I don't have attachment to.  A guy that yea, is lovely but lives thousands of miles away.

I have been having some doubts about Mr Wonderful.  He's so far away.  He's a lovely guy, don't get me wrong but I don't want to be a part time girlfriend and only see him once every 6 - 8 weeks.  He's 14 years older than me.  I remember saying this could very well be a summer romance.

A wise person once said that you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.  And if Mr Wonderful's friends are bullies that emotionally blackmail me for trying to take care of my needs then I don't want anything to do with that. 

A true friend would understand that you're trying to take care of yourself.  My priority now is getting into a better living situation than I am in now.  Fuck relationships.  Fuck friendships.  After my crazy housemate's performance tonight, I need to get out. 

So here I am barricaded in my room praying she isn't destroying my stuff.  Who'd have thought that petting a dog would be so offensive indeed?

But as I said in my last post, that is price of freedom.  And if the price of freedom is to dump Mr Wonderful because of his friends, then so be it.

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of love,

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment