Sunday 21 January 2018

On Movin' on Up

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!

It's a cold day here in south Manchester.  Brrr!!!  We had snow today so I am wrapped up in a fur lined fleece and a pair of pajama bottoms. 

Well we are well and truly into 2018 now.  I have wanted to write for ages so but I had so many ideas swirling around.

Well last night I realised that I need to get out of the self pity mode.  I took a look around and realised that I can definitely do better with my life at this point.

I don't have enough money to get my own place yet.  But last night when I was meditating, my housemate who I have dubbed "Chester the Molester" (because he tried it on with me) decided to crank his music up full blast at 10pm. 

I don't have an issue with music but I don't like his music.  And I was meditating.  When you share a home with someone you need to be respectful.  I have house shared before.  You respect each other.  Even when I have lived in houses where the owner of the house was a house mate you have respect for each other.  Plus none of the people I lived with tried it on with me.

That was the moment that I realised that I can do better. 

So I started looking for new house shares.  I found 5 that fit the bill.  And that are cheaper because Chester the Molester decided to not specify that the bills were not included.  So I am paying more that I thought I would.  Not nice!!

When I moved in he seemed ok.  Now, he is a terror.  Ever since that night when he tried to put his hands up my shirt and kiss me, he has been relentless and irritating.

He bothers me.  For example during the weekend I tend to keep myself to my self.  I stay in my room and read, write and do what I need to do.  Every 5 minutes he bangs on the door, Betty do you want to go out for a walk.  Betty, do you want something to eat.  Betty, come see this (and usually it is something that is stupid or unimportant).  He doesn't listen. 

Last night for example I got in after getting my hair blow dried and my nails done, I came in and told him that I was busy and I did't want to be disturbed as I was working. 

What does he do?  Knocks on the door.  Betty, I'm going out for dinner do you want to come with me.  I respond no.  He then continues to push.  I'm going for a curry.  I reply No, I have work to do.  He pushes again.  Betty I will be all by myself.  I responded then enjoy yourself.   I shut the door then. 

That was a mild exchange.  Usually he is whinier and pushier.  The guy doesn't understand no.  I wonder if any female lodgers had to deal with the same crap of being pushed, bullied and whined at....I wonder if he has tried it on with other women before or tried to force himself on people.

Also the house is cold.  Very cold.  Even if you put the heating on it's freezing.  I constantly wear fleeces, also to cover myself up.  I don't want him to see me or to be molested again. 

I feel like I need to put a huge lock on the door.  I genuinely feel like if he has too much to drink one night he will force his way into my room and try to molest me.  I don't trust him.

So on Tuesday night I am viewing 2 house shares.  One is a "bedsit".  The room looks like a hotel room.  It has a patio door that opens out into the garden.  It's a hell of a lot cheaper than here and in the same area.  Not too bad.

The second one is the favorite. It's in an actual mansion.  A 7 bedroomed mansion.  It's L shaped and the room I am looking at is secluded.  The room next to it is occupied by a pilot who is out a lot.  We'd be sharing that bathroom.  The house as a room with a pool table.  The kitchen looks gorgeous.  There is a huge back garden.  And it's still cheaper than what I pay here.  And the bills are definitely included.  (I've asked and had written confirmation)

So I am viewing those 2 on Tuesday.  Luckily for me pay day is on the Wednesday so I can sleep on it and if I like either of them I will be transferring a deposit.  And I can give me notice to Chester the Molester and get out of this situation once and for all.  Block him completely and get ready to start saving my cash.

I have a few financial goals for this year.  Firstly, save as much money as possible.  I want to get my own place, like buy my own place. 

Not a huge silly house like in Simon and I did.  But a cute, quirky apartment.  I found a few.

So I am ready now to let go and be happy.  I passed my probation at work.  They like me so I am more determined to get the life that I have always dreamed of as they reward hard work and loyalty.

So Ragers and Ragettes, it's time to start Movin' on Up!!  Second best is no longer allowed.  Mediocrity is no longer the status quo. 

Who knows, this time next week I might have secured a place in a mansion.....

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep you head and standards high and your heels even higher. 

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage  xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment