Monday 18 April 2016

On the Finishing a Series/Season of a TV Show Blues

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!   Sorry for not writing for awhile.  Life has been busy.  Loads have happened at work and sometimes you get caught up in all of it. 

A quick update, I am rocking a turquoise bob with a blunt fringe which is different for me.  The hair colour has changed my makeup and I have bought a handbag to match.   I love my hair colour.  It is fab.  I am considering going lilac in a few months.   I will obviously need a matching handbag for that!

Well today, Ragers and Ragettes, I have the worst case in history of the Monday Blues.  Why do you ask?

This past weekend, I had a “me” weekend.  The only times I left the house were to go to the gym.  I had 2 bubble baths, read a book and caught up on some TV watching.  It was pure bliss!!! 

I found the final season of the Killing (the Danish Version) and started to immerse myself into that world.  I love the show but the fact that I am 3 episodes away from the end of the series makes me sad.

 Don’t know if this is a psychological phenomenon or not, but do you all find that when you are binge watching a TV series and it is getting towards the end you feel really, really depressed?  Yea, that’s how I am feeling today.  I feel empty.  Sad. I have 3 episodes left and the series ends.  Forever.  No more Sarah Lund and her snowflake printed jumpers.  No more beautiful shots of Copenhagen. No more sexy Danish men to perv over.

Today when I woke up, I felt tired and sad.  Because I was waking up to cold, hard reality.  Back to work, back to the gym, back to trying to make my life something better.  Back to the same cluttered office and same assholes on the phones demanding stupid things. 

I had to go to my car and cry for about a half an hour, hell, I am crying now.  I feel like such a dick.  Why?  I have a lot to be happy about.  I have a lot to be grateful for but I am just not feeling it.  I feel like I want to go into my bed, pull the covers over my head and not face the world, to mourn for the reality that I will be losing.

How does one get their head of their ass and snap back into reality?  How do you beat the Monday Blues and the end of a series blues? 

I have loads coming up:  This coming weekend I am meeting up with a good friend of mine, I’m going to Amsterdam for a break in June, at work, Simon and I are buying out another business.  There is so much to be excited for...but I feel like I just want to cry, throw a pity party and cry until my face is tear stained and red.   

But I have to soldier on, snap the fuck out of this.  It’s just a TV show.  It’s make believe.  But I guess when you immerse yourself into their world it feels like you are there, a part of the action.  I winced when the main character fucked the sexy guy that you know is up to no good.  My heart raced as they uncovered more clues to solve the crime.  You get sucked into that world.  You start imagining what it would be like to be there.  You give yourself a new name, a new look.  And in my case, you have loads of great sex with loads of Danish men. You make this little new reality that is everything that your current reality isn’t.  A better job, body, wardrobe and sex life. 

It’s like the adult version of make believe.  And when you have watched it all, it feels like there is a massive piece missing.  You feel discombobulated, scared, and lonely.  That life you created is gone, and now you are back to reality. 

I know I will find another series (I have picked one out) and move on, make another character and the process will repeat itself again.

So I have wiped my tears away, found a distraction (planning my workout for tonight) and I am preparing myself to watch the final 3 episodes.  I will be ok.  I will get over this.

I think that I am in desperate need of a man up slap right now!!

Right, now that is out of my system, I wish you all a great week, Ragers and Ragettes!!   

So until next time, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Loves of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Sugah. If you're looking for a man ip slap from me it"s not happening.
    I do the same with TV shows and books
    It becomes your reality while you are there.
    And when the dnd is near...it"s like the feath of a cherished friend looming in the near future.
    And you cant help but be sad.
    Cry. Let it go. And find a new friend..... xoxo

    Suzanne xo

    ReplyDelete