Thursday 12 November 2015

Betty and Rita - Friends No More and An Apology

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!  It’s a windy and cold autumn day. So I am wearing my black skinny jeans (1 pants size down, thank you very much!!), my Rolling Stones sleeveless top, a black cardi, my black stiletto ankle boots , my trademark red lippy and I got my eyelashes done yesterday so I feel like I am well armed for any battle!!!  This sort of outfit makes me feel liberated. 

2 weeks ago it was my birthday and my birthday celebration.  That night I learned a lot.

I stupidly invited Rita out with us (the lads from work) and she, again, made a total show of herself.  It started out ok and as the night went on and the more she drank she then started talking about how unhappy she was with her boyfriend and how she hated her life.

Then she sunk even lower.  Keith (one of our warehouse lads) has started dating a gorgeous girl, Hollie (name changed).  Keith decided to bring her out to meet us.  What a lovely girl she is!!  She is a curvy girl (about a size 16) with a beautiful smile, a great sense of humour, infectious laugh and a good head on her shoulders.  She works as a care worker for the elderly and her and Keith absolutely adores her. 

Rita started out being nice and as the alcohol flowed she started hitting on Keith.  Purring and pawing at him…in front of his girlfriend.  Hollie luckily saw what it was, a desperate girl desperate for attention.  Keith kept his cool but I was fuming inside.  Rita then drunkenly started going on again about how she was unhappy and I thought…for once, can this be about me? It’s my fucking birthday. Can’t I have a day that is about me?????

Rita disappeared.  I looked at my watch and saw the time, it was 11:58pm.  Rita said that her boyfriend was going to collect her at about midnight and take her home. I assumed she went home.  I saw that she left her coat and scarf so I picked it up and took it with me.  Simon took my hand and Keith, Hollie, Simon and I headed to get a taxi.  Hollie stopped and Keith stayed with her.  Simon and I were waiting for our cab in that taxi office and then Keith and Hollie came in and said that Rita was looking for me fuming.  Our cab arrived and I took her coat and scarf and Simon and I went home. 

On Monday I found out what Rita had done…She had gone to the bathroom and was in there for about 35 minutes.  Again, I didn’t know what was going on.  She saw that we all left and was looking for us.  She saw Hollie and Keith and she stumbled up to them and proceeded to go on at Keith how he wants to fuck her and how he fancies her….In front of Hollie.  She tried to kiss him but Keith turned her down and she started going off at Hollie insulting her size. 

For me, that was the straw that broke the camel’s back.  How dare she?  Seriously.  That behaviour suggests to me that she has confidence issues and the fact that she did that to Keith’s girlfriend……disgusting.  What sort of self respecting woman would do that?  A desperate and sad one, that’s for sure!

So, Ragers and Ragettes, I have now cut ties with Rita.  I have posted her coat and scarf back and I wished her the best of luck with her life. 

So I Betty Rage, need to issue an apology to Suzanne.  I posted a few weeks ago a post on social media about Rita (she kindly sent me a bouquet of flowers) stating that she was my “best friend” as after the July fiasco she said that she was going to change.  Suzanne, I am sorry that I said that.  I know that you would never do that to me and I love you so much, my soul sister.  You are twice as beautiful as Rita is and I am blessed to have you in my life as my best friend.

Now that she is out of my life, I feel a lot better.  No drama.  No shit.  I can focus on my goals and the obstacles that are ahead.  I don’t need someone like that dragging me down or taking the shine off my prinnie crown.

So Ragers and Ragettes, lesson learned.  I would rather be a sane 5 than a crazy 10.

Until next time, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Betty, No need to apologize to me. You know I love you for the sweet, forgiving, generous person you are. I had no doubt that you would give Rita another chance as you always only want to see the good in others.
    I'm sorry she ruined your birthday for you....and for everyone else, apparently.
    Lesson learned- some people just cant handle their drink. I avoid those people like the plague.
    Next year- NO DRAMA!! If there is I will have to come kick some serious ass....it's just how I roll...and I've seen her hurt you one too many times to just let it slide again.
    Happy Birthday, sugah. Muaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne. I have been given thousands of second chances and I have used them to the best that I can. Love you Suzanne. Next year mermaid party and you're coming along!!!!!! xxxxxxx

      Delete