Monday 14 September 2015

On Weight Loss Triumphs

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!!  It’s Monday again (Booooooo) and I am here at my desk with loads to do and not one ounce of motivation to do it.  Yes, I have a case of the Mondays.

The weather doesn’t know what it wants to do so I am dressed  in layers today.  I’m rocking my bootcut jeans (which are feeling quite loose), a white camisole, my orange work hoodie (orange doesn’t suit my colouring whatsoever but it is warm and fleecy so on it stays!!), my cowboy boots (I am going for a run after work so no heels on running days), my hair back in an Alice band (the pixie cut is growing out nicely!  Hopefully by Christmas it will look like it last Christmas).  Basic look today but I woke up at stupid o’clock today to get Simon up and we were in work for 6am as there was a lot to do.  I am still smiling because this past weekend I broke through a major barrier in my life.

As you all know I have been trying to lose weight.  Well, this past weekend I smashed through a huge hurdle.  This hurdle has been a road block in my weight loss endeavours.  It seems like whatever I did I couldn’t shatter it.  What was this roadblock?

Going below 200 pounds (or 90 kilos or 14 Stone 4 pounds).  Or as it is better known as, One-derland.

Well on Sunday, I Betty Rage have dropped into One-derland!!!  I proudly weigh 199.6 pounds (14 stone 3)  I found this out when my trainer did my measurements (all of them down) she told me to pop on the scale and when I saw the numbers, I shrieked and started to cry.    My trainer hugged me and I just sobbed.  And I mean sobbed like a bitch.  I felt like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders, literally. 

My body is shrinking.  My jeans are now falling off me.  My belt is on the last notch and when I go to take them off, I can slip my jeans and belt off without unbuckling or undoing the buttons/zipper.   I tried on my next sized down skinny jeans.  They go on over my hips, I can button the top button, pulling the zip up takes a lot of brute force and once it is up, I am rocking a massive camel toe.  I have a way to go until I can comfortably get into them.  Have a goal to get into a sexy red body con dress and my vintage coat (it buttons up, it’s tight when I am wearing no bra and a camisole…I need it to accommodate a bra and a jumper) by my birthday.  I am well on my way with it!!

Now how have you done this, Betty, you may be asking.  I shall tell you.

I simply increased my calories and exercise.  Yes, you read that right!  I am eating 1500 calories a day and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise, whether that is walking into town, beasting it the gym or running after work. 

I still eat or whole wheat pasta or whole wheat tortilla wraps, but only on days that I run.  I work for it.  I eat 5 times a day.  A sample menu, for example what  I am eating today:

Breakfast:  2 large hard boiled eggs and 150g of low fat cottage cheese
Mid Morning Snack:  cucumbers and red peppers with houmous
Lunch: whole wheat pasta with chicken, olives, red pepper, cucumber, spring onion with Teriyaki sauce
Mid Afternoon Snack:  A handful of almonds
Dinner:  2 beef burger patties with steamed veggies

I am drinking 2 liters of water a day. Carbs are not the enemy.   Fruits and vegetables are carbs too, remember that.

I haven’t had a drop of alcohol since the 30th of August.  I feel great.  I have no tummy upsets and my skin is looking better.  The cellulite on my bum and my tummy is going. I actually feel great!

And breaking through that barrier has contributed to the good feeling.  Now that I have smashed through it,  I truly feel in control again.  I am literally taking each meal at a time.  I am consciously making better choices.

Like the time that Simon and I did our food shopping on Friday night.  Usually after food shopping the last thing I want to do is cook a meal so we usually get sandwiches.  But instead of choosing a sandwich, I chose a quinoa, chicken salad.  It wasn’t the best tasting thing but it was better than a big sandwich with loads of calories.  I am a believer that whenever you go out to eat or if you find yourself in a situation that you can’t eat a fresh home cooked meal, there is always a healthy choice.

For example, in 2 weeks I am seeing the fabulous Suzanne and she wants to go out to eat.  She suggested Frankie and Benny's.  I researched the menu and I have found a good and tasty choice for 321 calories.  Even at McDonalds or Subway, you can get a standard chicken salad for 192 calories. 

I am proud of myself, Ragers and Ragettes.  As you all know, this has been a hard journey for me but I am proud because I have made good choices, I have not quit and I am seeing results. 

I will be in that red body con.  I will be in my red vintage coat.  I will be in my next sized down jeans.  I am so determined because when I go home for Christmas I will get the fabulous clothes that I have mentioned before.

You can do anything when you put your mind to it.  As fitness crazy lady and guru Jillian Michaels once said, if you want something you fight for it.  And Ragers and Ragettes, for the last 15 days I have been fighting.  And I will continue to fight.

Until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what happens when you fight tooth and nail for your dreams!!!

    You are GODDESS!!!!
    CONGRATS ON ONE-DERLAND!!!!

    Much Love,
    Elena xxxx

    ReplyDelete