Tuesday 2 June 2020

Right Person, Wrong Time?

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!

I hope that everyone is doing well. The world is strange and frankly I am getting upset and angry and so I have been watching a lot of cute animal videos to keep me sane. 

In these strange times, as you know, I have been doing the online dating thing.

I had 2 "Dates".  One was a phone date with the man I called "The Gentleman".  He was lovely and we had a great chat.  We haven't really spoken since.  That is ok with me.  I knew some of these connections would fall away.

I had a walk with the  "Joker".  We have kept in touch and seen each other a few times.  I am kind of not feeling it.  He seems to have a lot of baggage and a lot of resentment. I don't know if I want to continue to go down that path

The Mystery Man and I haven't spoken for a bit.  My gut feeling is that he will resurface at some point and that I haven't heard the last from him.

But the biggest surprise was when I went on the site and I saw a face that I recognized. 

Steven (Name changed to protect the innocent) and I dated briefly 7 years ago.  We never went out for dinner or a drink. 

Our story started on a rainy December day 7 years ago.  I was sick and I was doing the online dating thing.  Steven's profile jumped out because it was funny and very honest.  We were chatting for about a week and he asked to meet up.

I was feeling sick.  He offered to come over to my little flat and bring chicken soup and watch Netflix.

I remember he came over and we laid on the couch, my head on his chest his arms protectively holding me.  We watched comedies and laughed as he stroked my head.  He was respectful.  He put me to bed and kissed my forehead gently. 

The next time I saw him was a few days later. I was feeling better.  He came back to mine and we sat on the couch and watched Netflix and talked and laughed.

We kissed and took it to the bedroom.  Let's just say that when he went down on me....yeah....it was amazing.  Out of this world.  He held me after and everything was great.

I went home for Christmas and I think the momentum just....well....stopped.  I hadn't heard from him since

When his smiling face popped up on my phone, I smiled.  I didn't know what to do.  I thought, fuck it.  I am going to message him and see if he remembers me. 

I sent the message.  5 minutes later he messaged back.

He remembered me!!  We started chatting again.  We soon swapped numbers and the conversation was light and funny, just as I remembered.

We then decided to meet up at a park and see what would happen

We were supposed to meet on Sunday and by Friday, I was nervous and feeling a bit scared. 

Then on Saturday, I received a message from him.  He had plans that night but they had been cancelled.  He asked if I was free to meet him that evening.  I replied, yes I am.

I got ready, washed and straightened my hair.  Put my make up on.  I put a lovely outfit on.  I sprayed my favorite perfume.

As I arrived at the car park of the park that were were going to walk and he was standing there. 

I parked and walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me and held me close.  My head on his chest.

We started walking and he took my hand.  We walked around the beautiful park.  The day was gorgeous.  The sun was shining.  Families were out walking, biking and enjoying the day. 

We found a bench and sat down and talked.  The conversation flowed naturally.  We laughed a lot and we inched a bit closer ever so often.

He filled me in on what he had been up to.  He is still a media studies teacher.  He got into a relationship and he had a little girl who is 2 that he absolutely adores

He showed me photos of her.  His face beamed as he spoke about her.

We continued to chat and soon before you know it, his arm was around me and rubbing my side. There was this moment, he leaned in and his lips touched mine.  The kiss was soft and gentle and sweet.  His fingers went through my hair.  For that moment....everything was perfect.  I mean absolutely perfect.  Nothing mattered in that moment. 

When the kiss ended, he looked at me and said, Betty you're so beautiful.  I giggled like a teenager and he kissed me again.

We chatted and kissed some more.

He checked his watch and we had been speaking for 3 hours!!! 

We walked to our cars.  Every fiber in my body wanted to ask him back to mine but I didn't.  He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me again.

I got in my car and he went to his car.  I dropped the top on my car and drove home with the biggest grin on my face.

The next day I saw Suzanne for a walk and I told her all about Steven and me.  She looked at me and said, Betty, I think it was a case of the right person at the wrong time. 

And I think that she is right.  I am not picking china patterns out or anything but all I know is that I feel happy when my phone goes and it is a text from him.

Today he sent me a photo of his little girl and him out the sun.  My heart melted.  Tomorrow they are baking cookies together.  A man that is so devoted to his daughter is a lovely quality.

We are meeting again for a walk on Friday after work.  I can't wait to see him. 

Have I found my prince?  It's too early to tell.  All I know that I am not going to put pressure on myself.  If we end up together, I would be very happy with that.  If we don't then that's ok too.

I am just going to enjoy the time we have together and see if Suzanne is right (she usually is right).  all I know is that I am looking forward to those kisses again.

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment