Monday 1 February 2016

On A Leopard Changing His Spots...

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!  It’s a windy and cool day in St Helens.   I’m rocking today my cream jumper with my bell bottoms and my lucky retro blue Adidas trainers.  My hair is scraped back in an Alice band because I couldn’t bother washing it and I got 3 new piercings on the top of my left ear.  It bled a lot and it hurts but when it heals, I think it will look ace!!

You know who is looking awesome?  Suzanne.  She always looks gorgeous but she has exceeded the high standard that she usually has. She has had a make over and I am envious!  She looks amazing!  She just got a cute new hair do a la Marilyn Monroe, she’s experimenting with her make up and her clothes.  I think that she looks amazing and I am so proud of her for trying new things!!  I need to take a leaf out of her book really.

I have been experimenting with new colours.  I bought a fab new handbag from Deichmann of all places.  Its cream, light pink and beige.  The shape is classic and I love it.   I have been experimenting with neutrals myself.  I have been liking the looks of the 1960's and 1970's. You know, shift dresses, bell bottoms, head scarves and neutral lips.  It's different to what I usually wear but I like it.  We are going out for a night out on  Friday and I have decided to rock a black and white playsuit, which I have never worn and it is something that scares me.  I have been working on my legs with my squats, lunges and leg press and my pins are looking pretty good, along with my butt.  So I am looking forward to wearing it with my black strappy sandals with my cute black clutch bag.  Instead of my normal red lip I might play up my eyes...who knows!!

A lot of people are embracing change this year.  On Saturday I reluctantly met up with Rita and you know what?  We actually had a nice time.  We did a lot of shopping and she seemed like the Rita that I first met.  I think that she has woken up to the fact that she needs to stop playing away and take care of her child. 

What was the wake up call for Rita?  A pregnancy scare…..a pregnancy scare in which she didn’t know who the father would  be…..

She took a test and it came back negative.  I think  this has been the wake up call that she needed. I have been keeping her at arms length as I don’t need that drama in my life.  But she is now getting her self worth back.  I am pleased.  I want her to be happy. I want the Rita that I was friends with to begin with. The funny carefree girl that would make me laugh.  The girl that would talkabout shoes, make up, handbags and if Ugg boots are an acceptable shoe choice (to me hell no!!!  Ugg boots and Crocs are in the same hall of shame!!).  I think that she is getting there but it is taking time.  Rebuilding your self worth takes time.

The biggest surprise in regards to change is Simon.   I gave him an ultimatum as you know a few weeks ago.  I didn’t know how Simon would react to this but I have to say that he has changed…for the better.  He is helping me with the cleaning and the cooking.  We have been making love more often and he even booked a weekend away in Wales for us this month.

Yesterday though, Simon well and truly surprised me in a good way.

When I went shopping in Manchester with Rita on Saturday I went and bought a new Fitbit.  My old one broke and it’s an important thing for me because of the silent alarm.  I don’t want to have my phone as an alarm because it would wake Simon and that isn’t very nice being woken up at 5:30 in the morning when I go to the gym! 

So on Saturday I purchased a new one (it cost £99.99) and I picked up some other bits in Manchester, met with Rita and had a good day.  When I was on the train platform I realized that I had lost the shopping bag with my new Fitbit in it!!  I was gutted.  I frantically started calling the places that Rita and I had been to but no luck.  £100 down the toilet.  I texted Simon and told him. 

When I got home I cuddled him and cried a bit.  I felt so stupid for losing it.

On Sunday morning, I woke up after a bad sleep and ate my breakfast and got ready to go tot eh gym for my training session.  Simon and I were sitting on the settee watching Netflix.  Simon paused the show we were watching and I got up to transfer some items into my new cute handbag (I really love it!!) and Simon walked into the spare room and said, Betty, I don’t want to argue.

I looked at him and said, what? 

Simon  then handed me £100.  He said, Betty, buy yourself a new Fitbit. 

I was shocked.  Usually Simon would have had the attitude tough luck but here he was handing me cash to buy a new Fitbit!  I couldn’t believe it!!

I hugged him and thanked him.  

They always say the “grass is always greener on the other side”.   That may be the case.  But how about watering the grass on your side of the fence?   I have been focusing on the negative.  I have been looking for the thorns instead of appreciating the roses.   It’s hard sometimes to see the wood for the trees.


Will Simon keep it up?  I don’t know honestly but so far he has showed that he wants to keep me and that he wants us to have a good life.  

I'm just going along with it, embracing his change, showing him that I appreciate it and hopefully making a happier home.

So until next time Ragers and Ragettes, keep your head and standards high and your heels even higher!

Lots of Love

The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Th sugah for the kudos!!!High praise indeed from THE fashion guru Betty!!!
    I see major changez in you too.... Cant wait for our Bezzie day later this month!!
    .....btw the grass is usually greener on the other side cause its usually fake.
    Just Sayin.
    Witholding comment on Rita. You'll understand.
    Xxx Suzanne ooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, Suzanne. Just taking it a day at a time! You look amazing!!!! xxx

      Delete