Wednesday 28 May 2014

On Slowly Getting Back to being Fabulous

Hey Ragers  and Ragettes!  I hope that you are all doing well today!  It’s been rainy and miserable.  But I haven’t let that dampen my mood!  Today I am rocking my purple, fuchsia, grey and black wrap around dress and velvet and patent Mary Janes. 

Well, now that I am settling into life in St Helens I have to now start to rebuild everything.
I have a new doctor, I found a dentist.  Council tax is sorted.  TV License has been passed over to the new address.  My deposit for my old place is going to be used for my last month’s rent and this Saturday I am meeting my old landlady (she is so lovely) for a drink to thank her for being so lovely.

But there is something that is more important that needs to be done....I need to suss out the beauty treatments and shopping situation.

St Helens is a small town.  It lays in between Liverpool and Manchester and is about 20 minutes into Liverpool and 20 minutes into Manchester on the train. 

Small towns have their charm...there are plenty of pubs, yes but beauty salons and clothing shops?  Not so many! 

In Manchester I had everything beautywise on my doorstep.  My usual beauty regime (when I had money) was acrylic nails (my nails break so easily!!!  So does my Mama’s...it’s genetic!!) usually long red talons, my toes are usually red with diamantes on them (I love sparklies!!) I get my eyebrows threaded along the natural shape as waxing can harm the skin and cause wrinkles, I get eyelash extensions so my make up regime in the morning takes less time.  I like natural ones but I have been known to get the dramatic drag queen lashes for a night out.  I get a Brazilian bikini wax every 6-8 weeks (they take everything off and just leave a landing strip) and my hair?  My signature black bob needs love and care as I have very, very fine hair. 

Now I am in a quandary....do I go to Manchester still to get my treatments done?  Do I find new beauty therapists?

Simon’s mum gave me a brochure for the beauty therapist she uses for waxing and manicures so on Friday I am going for a refill on my acrylics and to take them down (I need it!  I lost 2!!!  And with this job they need to be practical....I’ll still go red!!), eyelash extensions, eyebrows threaded, and my bikini wax.  We will see how this goes!

Simon goes to a fabulous hair dresser who apparently is the best colour correctionist in the North West of England!  So I think I will try him.  I am toying with the idea of getting a cheeky red streak to go through my hair.  Sometimes a change can give you a new outlook on life.  I will keep you all posted.

In regards to shopping, it has the basics but I think that trips at least 2 times a month to either Manchester or Liverpool for my Mac Make-up and other essentials will be needed.  There are quirky cute boutiques and market stalls here, in St. Helens.  I will have a nosey around them of course, it would be rude not too!!

The other thing I have changed is my gym.  Before I was at the snobby gym near my old work.  Now I am at a gym where normal people go.  There are no overly skinny, stuck up bitches.  Just normal people who want to get into shape.  It’s not the most posh or stylish gym but the changing rooms are clean, they have hairdryers and straightening nozzles, a place to plug my straighteners in, and plenty of room to change. 

The actual gym is nice.  It’s not the biggest but I have never had to wait for a machine.  They have a large screen and a juke box.  You can, for free, choose any music you want to workout to and the music video gets projected on the large screen.  It’s a great gym and I enjoy my workouts.  I don’t feel awkward, fat or inadequate.

So yes, once I get my beauty regime back up and running I will be feeling fabulous again!!!  I am a believer that if you treat yourself like a fabulous goddess, you will look like and act like a goddess of fabulousness!  My friend Elena (The Words of a Goddess, honestly a great blog!) says that the bst mantra to have is I am Goddess.  I totally agree!!!

When I get my nails, hair, eyelashes done, it’s like putting on armour.  I feel like I can do what I want to do, overcome any obstacle and be strong.  When I slick my signature red lippy on, I feel that no one can hurt me.  It’s a power that I feel. 

That’s why now my life is changing for the better.  I can afford to get my armour back on and feel fabulous again.  And when you feel fabulous you attract fabulous people and fabulous situations.  And you treat yourself better. 

Lately, it’s been a rollercoaster for me.  I have been feeling weak, crazy, strong and happy all at the same time.  Slowly I am getting myself back to the normal happy, healthy Betty Rage.  It will take time.

So Ragers and Ragettes.  It’s important to tap into your inner fabulousness.  Wear that outfit that makes you feel hot.  Do your hair all sexy and tousled.  Put your power bra on!  Take your power back and be fabulous!!!

Lots of Love


The Newly Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, when you find a hairdresser and nail tech and salon you love and trust-why change? You're going to be going to the big city ever 6 weels or so, so make a weekend of it! Hair, nails, beauty treatments...and clothes and show shopping! RESULT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoe shopping.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so true!!!! It never hurts to try though....tee hee!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete