Friday 16 May 2014

On the Big Move!

Hey Ragers and Ragettes!!   I hope that it’s as lovely and sunny where you are as it is where I am!

Well, the big move happened yesterday.  Simon and I received the keys to our new place, signed the forms and we were on our way.  On the way back, both of us were quiet.  I think that the gravity of the situation started to set in.

When we got back into work, Simon was silent.  I asked if he was ok but he looked jaded.
Simon’s parents came over and Errol (all names have been changed), one of the warehouse lads who is dead nice (I call him Nice Errol)  went off along with Simon to unload all of my things into the apartment.  I was left with Keith, the mouthier warehouse worker.

Keith and I had a good laugh and made the day go by a bit quicker.  I was excited to see our new home though!

Finally Simon returned and we finished up the day.

We headed back to the flat and I felt very overwhelmed.  There was still a lot to do!  We had a big wardrobe (for me!!!) that was to be delivered at 5:30 and then off to Simon’s so that he could throw a few things in to take.  Then the landlord was going to pop around and see us.

We drove up to the car park of our new home.  My heartbeat increased.  I felt scared, excited, and so happy.  I took Simon’s hand and we walked to the door.  We unlocked the front door, got into the lift....God it seemed to take forever...When we got to the top floor, the doors opened...we walked through another door that leads to our wing of the building.  There was our front door.
Simon looked over at me.  I took a deep breath.  He put the key in the door, turned it and the door opened.  I walked inside.....

Boxes everywhere.  But it didn’t detract from how beautiful it was.  The whole flat is light and airy. It’s technically a penthouse.  I put my hands to my mouth and gasped.  It was amazing.  Stunning.  Simon wrapped his arms around me.  Welcome home, he whispered. 

Simon then told me, I have a surprise for you.  He took me to the spare room and there were 2 flat packed boxes and a cute retro red velvet swivel chair.  I looked at him and asked what’s this?  He then said, I know that you like to write and that you have a lot of make-up and girlie things.  So I bought you a vanity table with drawers and a mirror so that you can put your make-up on and do your writing.  It’s your own space.

Ragers and Ragettes...I was shocked...no man has ever been that thoughtful to me.  I was really touched.  I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him.  How the hell did I attract such a lovely man?

We started to move boxes around to the appropriate rooms that they belonged in.  Ragers and Ragettes...word of advice.  Do not move boxes while wearing a vintage dress and heels as found out!  I picked up a box of crockery/plates/cups (I knew that it was full of plates because I labelled them!) and I started to move them to the kitchen.  I bashed my foot into one of the boxes and I tripped...there was the sound of something breaking....Oh dear!   I haven’t  inspected the damage yet...I’m scared to!!!  Simon ran over and asked if I was ok.  My knee was a bit scraped but I was mostly embarrassed!!!  I am rather accident prone!!!

The wardrobe got delivered and headed to Simon’s to pack up some of his things.

When we got in, his mum handed me a glass of white wine which I gratefully glugged down.  Then we went through and started to pack up.  Simon’s mum then broke down and cried.  I held her in my arms.  I told her that it was ok and that and Simon’s dad were more than welcome to visit anytime.  She sobbed in my arms.  Ragers and Ragettes...I am shit when people cry!!  I don’t know what to do or say so I mumbled some shit like it’s going to be ok, you’re alright.  That seemed to work. 

We packed up Simon’s items and then put them in his car.  As we went to leave, his mum broke down again. 

My heart sank.  I instantly felt like the worst person in the world.  I completely forgot how it felt to leave home.  I know that we will only be less than 5 minutes down the road but still, it’s hard!   I hugged Simon’s parents again and soothed them the best I could.

We got into Simon’s car and headed back to our new home.  Simon was silent again. I tried to make small talk but I mostly thought that I sounded like an ass.

We arrived back at our new home and got everything of his into the flat. We went into the living room and I started to get the kitchen sorted.  I looked over and Simon was looking out the window.  I stood next to him and started to rub his back.  I felt him put his arms around me and he rested his head on my right shoulder.  I heard sobbing. 

I looked over at him and Simon was weeping.  And I mean weeping!!!  I turned, wrapped my arms around him.  I let him cry. 

I don’t know how long he was crying for.  I don’t know if my words and hug soothed him.  I lifted his head up and said, what’s up darling?

He replied,  hate seeing my parents upset. 

Tears welled up in my eyes.  God, I felt horrible!  I was effectively taking him away from his parents!!! 

He sensed this, I think, and said, it’s nothing to do with me leaving, I just don’t like seeing them upset.

 He looked so innocent, so sweet.  Almost like a child.  I wiped his tears away with my thumb.  I kissed him gently. 

He smiled and we continued sorting things out.  We built the bed (without any swearing!!!) together, had a laugh and just enjoyed each other’s company.  We made the bed and started looking at the layout.

We then decided that we had done enough for one day, so we ordered a kebab, I cracked open a bottle of bubbly and we settled in and watched Transporter 2. 

We went to bed, made love and fell asleep, I think, both happy and content with our new place.
There is still a lot to do, Ragers and Ragettes so this weekend will be me putting together my new wardrobe and vanity/writing table that Simon bought me.  So a busy weekend for me indeed!!

But it’s set to be lovely so there will be plenty of beer garden time that’s for sure...now where did I pack my sundresses and sandals?

So there you go Ragers and Ragettes!!  This new era of being a part of a couple and into a posh home has now begun!!  It’s exciting scary and crazy!  But I am sure that I will do something to embarrass myself!

Until next time, Ragers and Ragettes, stay fabulous!

Lots of Love


The Fabulous Betty Rage xxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Betty...... You have a rare MM on your hands. One that is strong enough to be his own man, but sympathetic enough to understand his parents pain. All of us go thru that painful first move out of our parents home into our own- and there is always that bit of regret.......no matter how thrilling it is to be getting our own space. Simon will be fine- his parents(especially mum) will realize that her baby is only 5 minutes away from her and wont forget her. Because her biggest fear right now is that you are taking her baby and he wont need her anymore. Ad soon as possible- as soon as you have your house even SOMEWHAT in order- invite the parents over for an impromtu supper to "Christen" your home. And make a fuss of his mum- make sure you have flowers for her- and her favorite wine- and then make it a once a month thing to have them over- or just her sometimes!! Enjoy your new space, My Darling Betty!! You BOTH deserve all the happiness in the world!!!
    Goddess Rules,
    Elena xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwww....Elena, thank you! I know that I have met someone who is one and a trillion. He's so loving, hard working, kind and sweet.

      It really and truly broke my heart to see his Mum break down. We are going to invite them over for dinner when we are all settled in and I will be fussing over her. She's a good woman but seriously lacks confidence. I want her to feel fabulous because she is!!!

      Thank you, Elena. I have a lot more to learn regarding being a goddess especially being an attached goddess!!!

      Lots of love and stay fabulous, Elena!

      Betty Rage xxxxx

      Delete
  2. YVW, Betty...Not a lot of people know it- but I'm a mother in law myself. I know exactly what Simons mum is going thru right now. I love(d) my daughters in law(yes- more than one) and I think they knew exactly how to get along with me....just dont make me feel like I'm being discarded. Replaced is fine with me- but forgotten about would have KILLED me- altho I never would have had to worry about that with my sons- they were both VERY protective of their mama during EVERY phase of our lives....But my sons had the wonderful ability to pick women who loved my sons enough to not be jealous of thier mom and altho I cant say we havent had the occasional disagreement- They still let me have my say-regardless of what they decide to do- they have respect enough to listen to what I have to say. And I have enough respect for them to not butt into their lives unless I'm asked.....unless I see it leading to a path of destruction and in that case they know all bets are off cause I love them like they are/were my own kids.....;-) We all just want to be loved.

    ReplyDelete